Separate “print-ready” PDF files are required for each printed side – 1 file for front; 1 file for back.
Print-ready specifications include …
- Fonts embedded or converted to outlines in the PDF file,
- 300 dpi resolution recommended for photos and other bitmapped images,
- File should include only CMYK colors – RGB or Pantone spot colors should be converted to CMYK before submitting PDF,
- 1/8″ bleed * (minimum) is recommended outside all trim edges for edge-to-edge printing,
- 1/8″ safe zone ** is recommended inside all trim edges (no critical text or graphics),
- Crop marks should be positioned at least 1/8″ outside trim edges.
* Extending the background color or image OUTSIDE the trim edge is defined as bleed.
– bleed is required for “edge to edge” printing.
** The area INSIDE the trim edge where no critical graphics or text should appear.
– safe zones are required for most, and recommended for all print projects.
Product pricing assumes printing from “print-ready” PDF file(s) supplied to us.
Most “regular products” are printed on state-of-the-art offset presses using the latest CMYK printing technology while small quantities of 500 or less MAY be printed on a digital press – at our discretion.
“Large format” items are printed on ink-jet equipment using the latest technology, inks and materials.
*Variable data (VDP) or variable image (VIP) printing is available on selected products.
Graphic design or print file modification services are available for an additional fee.
CONTACT US for a quote.